AAIMCo is a member only non-profit Association. We are providing a listing of our member qualifications free of charge for your convenience. Should you want to retain a member please contact them direct. If you have problems finding a member for the services you need, please contact our Executive Director.
Considerations for Finding a Consultant
To most people, consulting is an intangible: a service that cannot be measured.
This creates difficulty in assessing the need for a consultant, as well as establishing value for services rendered. Much of the difficulty can be mitigated by determing.:
- Why consulting is being considered (reasons)
- What is to happen as a result of the consulting engagement (results)
- How the consulting can be implemented (action plan)
A consulting engagement creates value for the the client by:
- Identifying problems
- Recommending remedies and opinions
- Formulating a position and its implementation
- Expenditing a result
- Identifying tasks with implementation time frames
- The consultant's value rests in the fact that it is an independent third person's viewpoint and expertise.
Key issues that should be clarified with your consultant:
- The objective, scope and nature of the assignment
- A summary of the situation and potential consulting strategies
- The potential results to be generated from the consultancy
- The qualifications of the consultant
- The prospect start and end dates of the assignment
- The fee structure